We’re here today to talk about prep. Here are some wedding day tips to help you look and feel your best.
1. Tanning: If you’re going to tan before the wedding, be sure to avoid tan lines – especially if you have a strapless dress. This may seem like a no-brainer, but I see it happen all the time. Sometimes, it just slips your mind. If you’re getting married in the summer, make sure that in the two to three months leading up to your wedding you’re tanning evenly to avoid tan lines.
2. Hair and Makeup: Get your hair and makeup professionally done. Be sure to do a trial run beforehand to ensure you like the look before your big day. Hair and makeup artists know how to accentuate your best features (They’re also the best at hiding blemishes!) and help to make your photos turn out absolutely gorgeous.
3. Accessories: Try on your dress with different accessories you think you want to wear on your wedding day. This way, you know what it looks like with the dress so you know for sure what you want to wear, and are not trying to decide on a necklace, etc. on the day of your wedding. This takes away getting ready time and causes unnecessary stress.
4. Shoes: Walk around in your wedding shoes prior to the big day to get them worn in. Also, take some sandpaper to the bottoms to scuff them up a bit so you don’t slip down the aisle or on the dance floor. If you are going to walk around in grass, you’ll want to get some high heel protector caps so you don’t sink in the grass. Also be conscious of walking on uneven grass so you don’t face plant in your pretty white dress.
5. Eat and Drink: The best way for you to look your best is to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water the days leading up to, and the day of, your wedding. Also, be sure to eat on your wedding day throughout the day so you don’t pass out or get a headache. And if you’re going to drink alcohol, don’t get drunk before photos – especially if it’s red wine that can stain everything (including your mouth). Save it for after all the big events at your reception.
Hopefully these wedding day tips help you with being ready on your big day! If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.